Everybody’s eyesight is slightly different, follow this simple how to use your spotting scope guide to get the best out of your spotting scope and maximise your viewing pleasure.:
PreparationRemove lens caps, covers.
MountingMounting a Hawke spotting scope to a tripod could not be simpler with an easy to attach standard tripod thread (1/4-20 UNC) allowing for positioning and solid mounting to keep the spotting scope still when in use.
- If your tripod comes with a ‘Quick release plate’ secure this to the spotting scope mounting shoe and tighten firmly
- Place the plate & mounting shoe into the tripod and secure.
A rotating tripod band is available on some models to allow body rotation and alternative scope orientation.
Adjust the eye cups.
- Eyeglass users will normally need the eye cups twisted (or folded) down.
- Users not wearing eyeglasses should adjust the eye cups upwards for optimum eye relief.
Choose an object to observe.
- Rotate the eye piece zoom ring to the lowest magnification.
- Adjust the focus control until the image appears clear.
You’re all set and ready to go!Rotate the eye piece zoom ring to the desired magnification and re-focus with the focus knob if necessary